On an intel server, when a UBE runs, strange temp files get created

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
Don't know how to categorize this one. My architecture is all Wintel boxes and our database is SQL2000. We are running ERP8.0 with SP 21.. It appears that every time a UBE runs on the server, a set of temp files, prefixed with ACR and suffixed with .tmp gets created in the C:\documents and settings\userid\Local Settings\temp\ directory. I've been testing all morning and sure enough, each time a UBE is submitted, these files get created. When the UBE completes, the files disappear. However, if one of these files gets too large and maxes out the disk space, the UBE will hang, no other jobs will process. If the UBE is terminated from the WSJ app, the temp file remains on the disk and any UBE's submitted fail because there is no room to created related acrxxx.tmp files. What are these temp files? Is there a way to prevent them from running? What purpose do they server?

Temporary PDF creation files. If a PDF fails it will leave behind this (sometimes huge) file.

The location is determined by the temp directory of the login that the services run under. I have this in my list of periodic maintenance items to clear this directory monthly.

While you are at it, check the location specified by tempFileDir= in jas.ini as this is where the PDF are temporarily stored during PDF transfer to the HTML client for display. Same thing- if something interrupts the process the file gets left behind.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know how to categorize this one. My architecture is all Wintel boxes and our database is SQL2000. We are running ERP8.0 with SP 21.. It appears that every time a UBE runs on the server, a set of temp files, prefixed with ACR and suffixed with .tmp gets created in the C:\documents and settings\userid\Local Settings\temp\ directory. I've been testing all morning and sure enough, each time a UBE is submitted, these files get created. When the UBE completes, the files disappear. However, if one of these files gets too large and maxes out the disk space, the UBE will hang, no other jobs will process. If the UBE is terminated from the WSJ app, the temp file remains on the disk and any UBE's submitted fail because there is no room to created related acrxxx.tmp files. What are these temp files? Is there a way to prevent them from running? What purpose do they server?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the temp directory of the user that the cluster service runs under.

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea where these would located on clustered windows server?

[/ QUOTE ]

Back