Reporting with WebFOCUS

pricem3

Two of our divisions use a few reports pulled from Xe using WebFOCUS. This week I've been named administrator of the product

A few days before I took over the product and for no apparent reason those users lost their access to WebFOCUS. Attempts to reestablish connectivity have failed. Users are receiving "You don't have access to any files" at logon although their assignment to Groups and Domains hasn't changed. The only change was to reset their passwords.

Does anyone use WebFOCUS in JDE and if so can you give me a hint as to what I'm missing? How is user access established to JDE through WebFOCUS?

I'd be happy to hear from any JDE/WebFOCUS users.

Thanks.

It sounds like you have a security issue. To solve the issue it depends on how you have you security defined in webfocus. There is Explicit security that passes a single UserID and Password to the database for access regardless of who is connected. There is passthrough security where the user's UserID and Password and passed through to the database. And finally there is trusted where the USerID is passed through and WebFocus ignores the password and assumes the user has already been authenticated somewhere else.

You can find this by looking at the report server and checking the data adapters to see how security is set up. You can also check the client console to see how users are authenticating through MRE or the Dashboard if you are using them.

You were right about the security issue. The system user ID was 'READONLY' even though it had full access. DBA changed the password to give access to a end user

Thanks for your post.

Back