Navigating the JDE Libraries

superfly18

My company has recently acquired the assets of another firm which went bankrupt many months ago. My job is to migrate some of that firm's JDE data into my firm's system. I do have somewhat of an iSeries background, and so after being told to take a look at the F9801 file from the iSeries server, I was a bit taken aback when I found that that file was empty. I'm not sure if all of the files in all of the JDE systems are the same, so I am abit hesitant to use an F9801 which was downloaded off the Internet. However, please help me understand why that file would be empty, and where else I can figure out the Files/Field layouts for this system. I have also been told that the P98DDSP report will give me the structure of the database, but can't seem to find that report. Any guidance as to where this report would be?

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

First, if you are dealing with the F9801 file, it is a World File so you are posted on the wrong forum.

But in answer to your question: the F9801 is the SVR header file. The SVR (Software Version Repository) is part of the JDE Toolset, it tracks objects created within World. If you are migrating business data out of World then you don't need to worry about the contents too much, unless you were planning to use some JDE tools like the Universal File Converter.

Back