JDE password retrieval in plain text.

Anusuya

We are trying to integrate JDE user profile module with a third party application. As part of this, we need to be able to retrieve user password as in JDE and set the same in a third party application. We are using Enterprise One 8.11, tools release 8.94
Our investigation shows that JDE stores password in an encrypted form. And we did not see any business function or XML request template that returns a user password in plain text.

So, I would like to know if JDE exposes any API or interface where-in the password is decrypted and given out in a plain-text, or is it a limitation (presumably because of security constraints) that JDE does not give out the user password to any third party.

Would appreciate anybody enlightening me on the above.

Thanks

Please place a call log to Peoplesoft for the same. I had a same requirment earlier, we havn't implemeted. Peioplesoft can surely give some solution.

This is no longer possible (it was before SP21).

Can you go the other way around? - get the plain-text password from the other software package and update the password in JDE?

Thanks for the responses. I got confirmation from peoplesoft that it is not possible to get password for third-party use. However it is possible to do other way round, updating password of a JDE user from a third party.

Back