Securing F0006

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hello,

We need to secure addition and modification and deletion from F0006 table. Using Xref, I haave found that there are lot of application, ube and BSFN which uses this table however it will be difficult to go and check each of those object to determine which one will update this table.
My question is Can I use Column security to Secure the table F0006 ( all the coloumns ).
Has any one done this. Do you know if there is an better method in addition. DOes this cause performance degrdation...

We are on E810 8.94_d1 on Nt/sql plat form

There will be many many UBEs and Applications which access this table but they are very few which actually make inserts or updates. Adding table or column security will definately have affect on the performance. How about securing those programs which do updates to this table.

How do we find that out, if your system is a bit old and most of the initial stuff is already happened I mean to say that configration and setup of the system is complete than the most rawest form will be to do SQL on F0006. select mcpid from f0006 group by mcpid. This will give you the name of the programs/functions which do update on this table. You put security on these Programs/Functions. Now there may be Applications or UBE which are used daily but atleast it will give you an idea as which program is doing update and why is it doing it. So you can better control it.

Adios

We use row security based on groups to secure that table. We are still on Xe so we use exclusion row security to secure various ranges from various groups. It is a tedious process but it works for us and we don't see that much performance impact or we may not have noticed it because that is the way it was from day 1
smile.gif

Just a question. What information in that table needs to be secured? Most of the time, the need for securing information comes from financial $$$ or employee privacy information.

That is Action Code Security, the ability to add/change/delete within an application. You don't have to use column or row security for this. Or are you asking for the ability for someone to add records, but only based on a type of Business Unit?

In order to find which programs are used to add a record to F0006, use the Cross Reference Facility (P980011) Under the Tables tab, click on Business Functions using a Table. Search on F0006, look for any business function that looks like it might add records. The look under the Business Function tab, click on Everywhere a business function is used, and you will get a list of applications that need to be secured with Action Code security.

It might be easier to call support and ask for a list, but implementing column/row security will probably cause a performance hit.

We are in 8.10.

We use extensive row security for business units (MCU) in the F0006. Only view access is granted to users as no one except for a few specific individuals who have responsibility for maintaining this table through the P0006. This has caused no problems with the exception of some inventory users. In those cases, we granted back change and create rights.

Back