Customize Grids not saving for us in 811

tippy62

We are currently in the process of testing for our upgrade from 8.0 to 811. In 811 when we are in an application (any application) and customize the grid, once we exit the application and go back in, the customized grid is not saved. I am trying to get the JAS logs, but I was wondering if anyone else ran into this and knows off the top of their head what we missed. We have not been able to successfully save any customized grids.

Thanks.

Tippy,

I am able to save customized grids without any problem in 8.11. Just to be sure, are you clicking the OK button thats all the way at the bottom of the screen to save your changes. If yes , then its strange. You could check that your "J" environments have proper OCM mappings for the Uo table F98950.

trying logging into the J env on the FAT client and see if you save the gird format whether it takes effect. Use an application like P0092 which can be launched from the FAT client also.

I am able to save formats from both FAT and Web. and formats created from the FAT get reflected on Web immed, not vice versa though

Thanks ice_cube, we have been pressing the Ok button and it doesn't save. You may be right about the fat-client test, though. As far as I know, this has only been tested on the web. I'll test that now. Thanks.

We are able to save the customized grids. However, we note that the column length are to be configured one at a time. Oracle may have to allows us to do changes to mulitple columns at a time in the future tools release.

Srini
Testing 8.11 / 8.94 (Currently on Xe, AS400)

I have a similar problem, but in 8.10. The customize grid settings are not saved, but only in subforms (standard forms save the settings correctly).
I think that the reason could be that subforms do not have a close button.
Has anybody used customize grid in subforms or power forms successfully?
Or at least, does anyone know how to save the settings manually? Is there a business function for it?

Help would be very much appreciated! Thx in advance.

Hi, We have the same problem, but on E1 8.12 / 8.96_F1.

Customize Grids saving the first time, but after We can't find saved customization. This is randomic, also...

Have You resolved this?

Back