Importing budget data from CSV

Pete Cusack

I have a csv file that contains a year worth of budget details for all cost centre's and object codes. We have applied the SAR 5755592 so documentation cant use information from the solution ids: 200782546, 200782546, 200782559, 200782561 or 200782674(from www.peoplesoft.com). It is described in SAR 5755592 that there is a new form (I am thinking this is linked in with P14102) with an excel grid import facility which is now what should be used.

My question is:

How can I do a bulk import of budget data for ALL cost centre's and object codes for 1 years worth of budget data?. If you know, could you please provide specifics of the layout of the csv file.

I am using JDE 7333 and last update was 21. Update 6 contains SAR 5755592.

PS: I am a novice JDE person

Pete,
Do you know how to use TC (Jde table conversion
utility)? This may be your best bet. There are
information on table conversion in the knowledge
garden. It may be as simple as modeling your output
table with your input(the .CSV file)

Thanks,
Jude - EnterpriseOne Solution and application
consultant.

Use P0902Z1 (make sure your processing options are set to work with budget amounts/units (eg. BA or BU)) and use the form exit "Upload Records". The order of columns in the upload grid should determine the order of the columns in your spreadsheet. Open the csv file in Excel, change the order of columns to match the grid (or vice versa), then do a copy and paste, or alternatively save the Excel file and import by right clicking anywhere in the grid. Once all the lines have been validated, click ok. At this point, your budget records will be in the F0902Z1 account balances interface table. Review and modify and then run R14110 to transfer these records to the F0902 table.

I would do a test with a couple of business units in your test environment first.

You might want to refer to OFN-02-0104 as well.

Back