8.11 Stand alone with Websphere Express

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
I have been trying for a bit now to install the Standalone version of 8.11 SP1 and WebSphere Express on a windows XP SP2 machine and I am not having any success. E1 install however none of the JAS components are installing and if they are they are not installing where they should based on the instructions for Oracle. I do have Visual Studio .NET full version installed on the machine, I even went as far as having the machine re-imaged just to make sure that it was a clean install. I have opened a ticket with support for over a month now and still no resolution. The installation is not creating the

C:\E811\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF

Location and as a result none of the JAS applets are being installed.

Has anyone successfully installed 8.11 stand alone and get it fully functional. I am following all the provided documentation to the "T".

EnterpriseOne 8.11 SP1 DEMO doesn't install a web application for WebSphere Express(under C:\e811), but install web application for Oracle Application. You haven't to install Oracle Application, but you have to follow instruction I attached here.
Good luck
Gigi

Attachments

• 99368-811SP1 Standalone Installation_oracle.pdf
    516.5 KB · Views: 216
when you say Oracle APplication are you referring to an Oracle client, or is this already something that is on the demo CD, or can be downloaded vie edelivery. The instructions Oracle sent tme to follow id the 811 Stand-alone Installation Guide.pdf which does not work if you follow it all the say. I will try installing with the Pracle guide and see what happens.

with standalone 8.11 sp1...websphere comes all bundled.
the instructions on how to install 8.11 sp1 for oracle set out the prcoes s and prerequisites.
much easier than 8.11 base.

cheers
Arno

Re: RE: 8.11 Stand alone with Websphere Express

Ok, I'm having the same problem, and it's driving me nuts. I think I must have the non-SP1 version... does someone have a link to the SP1 version on the edelivery site?

I got this to work but I installed the full websphere instead of the express and it worked fine from what I can tell. Installing Demo is a pain.

Ok, I found the files, and I think I DID get the right ones... now I'm really confused. It definitely didn't install WebSphere itself, and no JAS directory was created, even though I had installed WebSphere. Help!

Back