Problem installing 8.95.C1 on intel enterprise server

Andrew Dowdall

Hi all,

I've started intalling 8.95.C1 this weekend. The deployment server and web server installs went well so far. I haven't done a full gen yet though. But my enterprise server won't install. I get the following error message:

-----
This installer needs to be run on an Enterprise Server.
Please exit and run the installer on an EnterpriseOne Intel Enterprise Server.
-----

JDE with 8.93.D1 is already running on this server (it was shut down when I tried to install 8.95) so I don't know is wrong. Anyone know what's happening, or how to extract the files the old way and just copy system to the enterprise server?

Thanks,

Andrew

I figured out the problem. My client's enterprise server was set up as a cluster, and for some reason the cluster server I was connecting to didn't have the JDEdwards registry entry. Once I exported and imported that key, the install worked. And you now need to install the Windows 8.95 Tools Release on the enterprise server, and you have to shut down JDE to do it. Not like the old way where you extracted it on the deployment server and could just copy it to the enterprise server and set up multi-foundation without bringing down production.

Andrew

This does not yet apply for the UNIX enterprise server. Looking at the files (you can rename the installer .exe to .zip and explore it that way) the Windows Enterprise server looks a lot like the new Java Deployment Server installation program. Lots of obfuscated file names. The 895_C1 download files for UNIX (and probably Linux) still have the system.Z file included for manual extraction.

Just finished installing 8.95C1 on Windows and all went well. Actually its nice to see the branding has begun to change...No more PeopleSoft Sign on Screen!!!!

Dave

E1 8.10 8.95C1, Windows 2003 Cluster, SQL2K, SAN, Citrix

It is about time. I've grown tired of hearing the PeopleSoft name. PeopleWho?

Dave,
I tried installing 8.95 C1 on a Windows 2000 enterprise server and I could not get porttest to complete. We are getting errors in the startup of the security kernel. Did you have any of these problems?

Tom

Andrew,
Would you please email me a screen shot of the rebranding or post it here so I can see the changes? Also, any isssues with MDAC or SQL that I would need to be aware of?
Thanks!

Attached is the new screenshot.

Attachments

• 99167-SplashScreen.doc
    47 KB · Views: 125
Hi Gary,

Nope, not SQL issues that I know of. The customer is in the process of cleaning up MDAC on all workstations/servers, but I'm not sure what version they are installing. I also installed the latest planner ESU, and still had compiler errors with one BSFN header file. I don't have my notes with me, but the ESU wasn't yet available for 8.10, only for 8.11. So I downloaded the 8.11 ESU, and looked at the problem header file and manually did the code changes. Now my package build works! If you email me at [email protected] I'll send you more details (I have it all documented at home).

I have completed an 8.10/8.95_D1 install, and do not see the new splash screen. It still is branded for PS. All other system functions are perfect. Odd.

I am not sure of the affect on 8.10 but I would assume it was the same as 8.11. Check under the owhtml folder at the ptf.log file to make sure that it says 8.95_D1.

Back