Cannot Bring Up WebSphere Admin Console in 5.0.2.11

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
Hello Fellow JDE-ers

After switching JAS to use IBM HTTP Server instead of IIS 6.0 (stay away from 6.0 on Win2003) I now cannot get to admin console page by going to http://webserver:9090/admin

I think my plug in file is hosed. I tried fixing it by restoring the admin host entry but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Joe Tirado

Joe, quick question for you. Could you please share why you stay away from Win2003 Svr and IIS 6.0? I use them both and haven't noticed anything. What have you experienced?

Hi Wayne

Well, first off. One of the experienced Oracle JAS support persons highly recommended I use HTTP Server as base web server instead of IIS 6.0

Secondly, the JDE URL would not come up after some specified time (usually after a few hours of being up). I tried resetting Worker Recycle Processes (new to IIS 6) and other parms in IIS and it did not work. I tried using the Local Task Scheduler in Windows to restart IIS admin service and it didn't prevent problem.

HTTP is simpler and less things to setup IMHO.

To get the JDE URL (i.e. http://webservername:81/jde/owhtml) to come up I had to restart IIS 6. It got so aggravating we just gave up on it.

Plus Oracle support had no idea how to fix.

Hey if it's working for you, don't touch it. :)

By the way, the was JAS release 894N1 I believe using 8.11 on Windows 2003 SP1.-not that is matters.

Joe Tirado

I forgot to mention IIS 6 issue is nothing compared to the nightmare of WebSphere and Collab Portal setup. :)

Joe TIrado

In case anyone is still interested...I had to completely reinstall the nightmare that is WebSphere. Was a corruption issue. Also found out that on Windows 2003 SP1 what happens when you apply updates (i.e., fixpacks) to WebSphere is that the adminconsole.ear directly must get temporarily renamed---problem is it ends up with a directory name of adminconsole.ear453tmp (it doesn't get reset back to correct dir name) and then one cannot find Admin Console because of it.

Applying Cume 9 restored Full features of Admin Console but I still had to erase bad extension characters before running it to completion.
Joe Tirado

Joe Tirado

Back