Remove a modified object from Production

Nikki

Hello,
The last PD package builds (I did both full and update) that I did ended in error on the enterprise server and after researching on this website, I found out that the max length of the name of an object is set to 10 characters. There was an object (business view) that was promoted to PD that was 10 characters long and since a business view object is prefixed with a 'B' during the build, the total length was thus 11 and it failed. (By the way, THANK YOU SO MUCH to JDEList for helping me solve that one!) This was an object that was created years ago and I am unsure of how it got to PD in the first place, but nonetheless, it is now modified and in the include folder on the Deployment server. The developer has since created a new custom view for the report that was using it so that an update package could be built successfully. My question is, since you do not specify the objects in a full package build, how can I get rid of the 11 character object so that I can successfully build a full package? Is is just a matter of deleting the .h file out of the Include folder on the Deployment server? What other ramifications might that have? This business view is currently used in other reports. I usually do a full package build every 4-6 weeks and I am unsure of how to proceed b/c of this object. We are on XE, SP 23, Rev 4. Thanks for any and all help!

Nikki

If you are absolutely, 2000%, without the remotest hint of a shadow of doubt, certain that the 11 character object is not used anywhere, then you can to do the following:

1) Check to make entirely certain that it is not used anywhere, in any environemt.

2) Did I mention to ensure that the object is not used, referenced, or anything by anything - another object, menu etc.

3) Using OMW, copy it using name of an appropriate length - just in case you need to get again. Note the original name in the desciption of the new one or in an attachment. You might like to also note what it is and what it was used for.

4) Using OMW, delete it. You may need to create a project with it as the only object, mark it for deletion and promote the project. Check to make sure it is deleted.

I hope this helps.

Back