Updating ERP8 from SP22_G1 to SP23_L1

JCamden

I'm getting ready to update our ERP8 from SP22_G1 to SP23_L1. This will cause us to implement the password encryption changes.
Does anyone know of any problems with SP23_L1? Anyone have any insight/warnings to share on the password changes?
All input is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

I can send you a basic outline of the steps I took to perform the same actions if you would like. You mostly just need to seperate out your security tables because of the security changes between 22 and 23.

We are having numerous problems with sp23_L1. First, jas wouldn't work. Then fat clients install only worked on some machines. Now that Denver helped us around those, pre-payroll loops forever.

Shawn - please post what steps you did so we can see if we missed something.

thanks

Update: We uncovered a bug when running on AIX, DB2, ERP 8.0, going from SP22 to SP23_L1. Denver just delivered a “one-off” to us yesterday, SP23_L2. It is our firm belief that their testing on our particular platform was inadequate, due to the small number of total customers that they have on our platform. If you can believe this, the reports were hanging on any hidden fields. I kid you not. That is exactly what Dorothy in Denver and us uncovered last Friday.

Our primary symptom after the upgrade (darn good thing we have a completely separate test machine!) was many things, such as pre-payroll, would be submitted, and simply stay as "Processing" forever. As I mentioned, it was the hidden fields. If we went into the report and turned on / made visible all hidden fields, they reports would complete. They looked like hell, but they would complete.

I will update this thread later, we are currently loading the L2 one-off and testing is about to commence.

Happy Holidays Everyone on the List!

Back