Set Grid Column Heading only fills one row

rolo

Hi all,

I used the system function "Set Grid Column Heading" in FDA. I have the problem that the text is too long for one row in the grid column header, but the text doesn't split over the two rows. This problem occurs in html. The windows client operates as expected.
Does anybody knows how to achieve this?

Roland

Hi Roland,

Define an ER variable to hold the Culumn Title.
Assign the Column Title to the variable using the Expression Manager.

Use qutation marks around the text and press the Enter key between the 2 lines.

VA evt_Description001_DL01 = "Line1
Line2"
Set Grid Column Heading(FC Grid, GC Description, VA evt_Description001_DL01)

Hope, this helps.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltán,

Thanks for the suggestion, but how can i get a hard return(/enter) in the literal assignment of a variable. I tried several things but nothing helped.

Regards,
Roland

Hi Roland,

I mentioned in my previous post:
[ QUOTE ]
Assign the Column Title to the variable using the Expression Manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

This means:
Press the f(x) button beside the "From Object/Literal" field (right operand) on the base Assignment window. Do the reamining as I wrote it in my previous post.

Let us know your results. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltán,
It took a while to get the program generated in html, but the end result was disappointing. With the hard returns in the assignments it came up with no grid. The grid was available in the windows (fat-client) environment, but not in html. The fix is now that i use abbreviations instead of the full text. It looks like it is available in 8.10. We use 8.9 Tools R9.4.

Roland

On the web client, use the set grid column heading system function, but embed the line break <BR> html tag into the column heading.

The web client will line break at this point, creating two rows of the grid row column heading

Back