Tools Release 8.94 warning!!!!!!

wmsorrell

Good Morning,

I want to warn people about a major issue we have found with 8.94. I did a search and I didn't see any other posts, but I apologize if it has been covered.

We installed 8.94 K1 two weeks ago and our system came to a screaching hault. It seems there is some code in there that causes MAJOR performance hits to the system, both interactive and batch. We opened a call, and the issue had been reported on the 7th of October. If anyone is on 8.94 PLEASE call in and add yourself to this call. As of right now month end is going to be a nightmare if it isn't fixed soon. Here is the response I received from PSFT with the sar and the call number in it. As I said if you wouldn't mind please add yourself to this if you are on 8.94, the more people the faster it will get fixed.

Update to Tools Performance SAR 7842981. Tools Development has just discovered that a fix for this SAR may be available in fixes created in tools release 8.95 as a result from their work done in the Long Running Business Function or LRBF project. If this is the case, a fix will be available very soon as all they need to due is copy back this fix to 8.94. If not, the SAR is still a P1 and will be fixed with the highest urgency. In addition, most of the performance degradation proposed to be fixed by this SAR will be experienced in UBEs, but interactive applications can also be affected. The issue was discovered in release 8.11 however all releases using tools release 8.94 will be affected and clients using tools release 8.94 should be encouraged to take this fix once available.

So keep an eye out for SAR 7842981 and when the fix is available for 8.94, then please install it.

Back