RUNUBE on AS400

spiderbaby

spiderbaby

Hello,
I am a lowly developer who is being held responsible for CNC duties so let me apologize first for my lack of knowledge. I am new to the client this week...previously they had AS400 scheduled jobs running for a year with no problem but a couple of weeks ago they crash every night. These were RUNUBE's...so basically I am trying the RUNUBE at command line and it will not work. I have read all of the threads for this topic and have tried the suggestions but no luck. Here is the command that I am running:

RUNUBE USER(ONEWORLD) PASSWORD(XXXXXX) ENVIRON(PD7333) REPORT(R42620) VERSION(XJDE0001)

And this is the error...
runube: JDB_InitEnvOvr failed with rcode = 0

The services are running under user ONEWORLD.

Help. The natives are closing in with spears...

Hi

I don't know if I can be of great help as we use Unix and Windows servers but we struggled massively with this earlier this year even though it all looked very straightforward, we seemed to take ages to sort it out.

We are on 8.9 and had to specify a role, am not sure that this applies to XE

This is what we found to work

Format for runube Command on UNIX

runube USERNAME PASSWORD ENVIRONMENT ROLE REPORTNAME VERSIONNAME JOBQUEUE "Interactive/Batch" "Hold/Print" "Save/Delete" [Printer]

Format for runube Command on Windows

runube USERNAME password ENVIRONMENT ROLE REPORTNAME VERSIONNAME JOBQUEUE "Interactive/Batch" "Hold/Print" "Save/Delete" [Printer]

Password in Unix had to be Uppercase and password in Windows had to be lower-case. Don't know if AS400 is as fussy but it may give you a few ideas as to what to try.

So our Unix command may read

runube USER PASSWORD PD9 *ALL R014021 ZJDE0001 QBATCH "Interactive "Hold" "Save"

Hope this helps

Thanks for your answer. The strange thing is that there were CL programs set up in the AS400 scheduler that had been running the RUNUBE command successfully for over year. Then one day they started crashing. I think our RUNUBE parms are correct I think it is more to do with services or something.

Can you make sure that you could sign onto a FAT client using ONEWORLD user ID and password used in RUNUBE command.

It looks like someone changed our JDE password...everyone that used to work here quit so we dont know what the new password is.

So, my new plan is to modify the CL RUNUBE's to work with a different password. One that has a JDE sigon and a AS400 signon. Now I can successfully submit a RUNUBE command from the AS400 command line, but when I put it in a CL and run it it fail with this error: runube: JDB_InitEnvOvr failed with rcode = 0

So I am getting closer but I am still not there.

Check your JOBD that you are using for JOB. Does it have the foundation library included (for Xe - B7334SYS).

The secound thing the user id and the password that you are using in not iSeries (AS400) user ID or password. It should be OneWorld user id and the password.

The first line of the CL adds B7334SYS to the libl. And yes the userid is a OW id. Remember that I can run this job from the AS400 command line it just doesnt work when I run it in a CL. Which I need because it is to be put on the scheduler.

I have a feeling this is something really simple and I just cannot see it.

We had similar problems - especially with RUNUBE in Robot Scheduler (but that's another story). Just a shot in the dark, are your passwords synched up, between OW and the iSeries? That could be why it works for you. Then whomever ID runs the CL might not be synched? After we upgraded to 8.10, we had to change our RUNUBE jobs to use PSFT as the profile instead of the one we used before? Not sure why - but OW liked that better.

I also found that the RUNUBE is not a well supported cmd at Oracle now-a-days.

One last note - make sure that you have EDRSQL runing in - it runs under QSYSWRK (QXDAEDRSQL) - I've seen UBE's require that.

Hope this was helpful.
crazy.gif

Back