Report to show Objects and dates by Pathcode

peterfourie

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a report that will display all objects within a pathcode
and the associated dates. The reason for the request is that I need to prove
the there are no objects in PD7333 that are not in DV7333.

Thanks

E1 XE SP 19 Update 6
Intel NT, Oracle 9.0i, Citrix

Peter J Fourie

Peter,

I dont think there is a standard report to do this. You are prob just better off firing a SQL query on your database or export to excel and use a filter or VLOOKUP.

Now if you just want a listing of objects with pathcode and date , use the applcation P98401. This application basically pulls information from F9860 & f9861.....so you get the details you want. So you can export to excel from here

To specifically find those objects that are in PD and not in DV you could execute the query below

For SQL Server the query would be like this

select SIOBNM,SIUPMJ from OL7333.F9861 WHERE SIPATHCD = 'PD7333' AND SIOBNM NOT IN (SELECT SIOBNM FROM OL7333.F9861 WHERE SIPATHCD = 'DV7333')

So you can make the corresponding query for Oracle

Peter,

I am unaware of a standard report that wil show all objects in each environment. Creating such a report shouldn't be that hard.

Now - I get to make a plug for my very favorite developer tool. Beyond Compare by www.scootersoftware.com. You can compare the Source and Include folders (C and H files) - across pathcodes, using this tool. If you compare by text, ignoring white-space - you might be scarily surprised by the differences between pathcodes.

Very few ESUs get backed out, if they do not get pushed forward. This leaves the DV and CRP environments hopelessly different from the PD environment.

download the demo - and be ye scared!

(db)

Back