MediaObj\Oleque set up to use multiple sub directories?

SULLY1

VIP Member
MediaObj\\Oleque set up to use multiple sub directories?

Can the Media Objects Oleque be set up to use multiple sub directories?

Currently at E:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\B7333\MEDIAOBJ\Oleque

There are 59,850 files. Windows file system starts to show performance issues when large numbers of files are present in one directory. Thanks in advance for you help.

Patty

Re: MediaObj\\Oleque set up to use multiple sub directories?

Assuming you are using NTFS you have a long way to go before before you reach the maximum limit of 4 billion or so. If you are seeing performance issues try turning off indexing for that directory.

[ QUOTE ]
Can the Media Objects Oleque be set up to use multiple sub directories?

Currently at E:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\B7333\MEDIAOBJ\Oleque

There are 59,850 files. Windows file system starts to show performance issues when large numbers of files are present in one directory. Thanks in advance for you help.

Patty

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff

Thanks for the response. What does NTFS stand for? NT File Server;System? It's a Windows 2000 server. How do you turn off indexing? Would this be something done by a NT server admin? I'm not in that group.

Patty

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff

Thanks for the response. What does NTFS stand for? NT File Server;System? It's a Windows 2000 server. How do you turn off indexing? Would this be something done by a NT server admin? I'm not in that group.

Patty

[/ QUOTE ]

NTFS - NT File System. NT-based servers can use NTFS, FAT or FAT32 based file systems. FAT and FAT32 are standards that are backwards compatible with Windows 98 and older systems. You would use FAT if you wanted to dual boot your deployment server as a windows 98 machine.

Attached is a screen shot of the indexing setting that Jeff mentioned. It's an easy change that your infrastructure guys could make on your deployment server.

By the way Patty, is Wilma heading anywhere near your little slice of paradise? If so, be safe and get out of Dodge!

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Attachments

• 98465-ntfs.doc
    58 KB · Views: 78

Gregg

Thanks for your reply and kind thoughts. Yes, indeed we are in the middle of the "cone of uncertainy". The further south it goes the better off we will be, because storm surge is strongest south of the incoming eye. I live about 5 miles from the Gulf as the crows flys with Estero Bay in between. Coinsidently I mailed in the renewal for my flood insurance yesterday.

Patty

Back