Critical SP23 XE issue

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are in a bit of a mess, and any thoughts would be appreciated. We have a custom process where an external job calls a C program that we have written to call the PO MBFs BeginDoc, EditLine, EndDoc.

Beginning with SP23 these are failing with errors inside of Begin Doc and Edit Line. The errors are very strange, for example, the logs show that the ValidateApprovalRouteCode function is returning an error. However, the processing option is set to blank in P4310 that controls calling this function, and we do not use approval routing codes. The code in XT4311Z1 conditions the call based on the processing option not equal to blank. It looks like since null is not blank, it is trying to call the Approval Route function.

By commenting out the call in XT4311Z1, we have gotten around the BeginDoc error, but not get similar errors in Edit Line where functions that were not called before or have never returned an error now are.

Our process is custom and it is exceedily difficult to debug since the call is from outside of JDE and the functions are run on the server. In our QA environments this process did actually work just after the SP23 upgrade but quickly failed and is also failing in production now.

My basic question is does anyone know of any issues related to SP23 that might explain these odd occurences.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

Did you build a full server package after installing SP23?
SP changes many system header and internal files (jde*.lib)
Depending on how your external C program is designed,
may be you need to recompile it with these new libraries.

How up to date are you on ESU's? This sounds an awful lot like a problem I've seen running PO receipts on an 8.9 server from an external application (DSI). The issue is resolvable with an ESU, but the baseline contains P4210 and we've heavily modded many objects in that particular ESU.

Now that I mention it, how much customization have you performed on the related objects?

One thing you can try is to build an update package in "Debug" instead of "Optimize" mode for the server, including objects XT4312Z1, XT4312Z2 and B4302510. Try that and see if running the code compiled with debug flags (not necessary to enable debug in the JDE.INI) resolves the issue. I know, cheap workaround and a pain for frequent full builds to go in and do this every time.

If you feel up to it, try commenting out the B4302510 section (CreatePOReceiptJournalEntries) from XT4312Z2.

I found that by doing so, it would allow the code to function from the external call on the server, but the drawback is of course that you lose your GL debits. It would be interesting to see if this your problem (it would match the issue I've been facing for almost a year in a different release.)

Up and running

We rolled back from SP23 to SP22 and that corrected the problem. All systems work. however, we still of course need to upgrade at some point soon. But for now, we are back in business.

Back