THREADED BUSINESS FUNCTIONS STILL PROCESSING

DCGRA

JDE XE on AS400 using Citrix Farm
Hi List, Can anyone help me with this issue. When entering vouchers or journals the screen sometimes freezes particularly at busy times such as close. Basically, one or more transactions are entered sucessfully in a batch, but when trying to review the batch it is "in use" and after revising the documents appear to be gone. Then on trying to exit jde, I get the error message "THREADED BUSINESS FUNCTIONS STILL PROCESSING - PLEASE WAIT THEN TRY AGAIN", .

It might be a few different things. The code is still processing in the background and you've been allowed to move on to another application while you wait. Do you have the master business functions mapped to the AS400 (using W environments?) or do you have everything running locally? It is slightly possible your application server is bogged down. If you have plenty of resources, you could try running the business functions locally instead of on the server.

If none of this applied to you, it is possible to change the default behavior of applications by forcing business functions to run synchronously or asynchronously. Changing it could mean you spend a lot longer waiting for the hour glass, but there is less chance of a failed transaction going unnoticed. You should talk to an experienced JDE developer; with the latest E1 releases you can flip on or off transaction processing in certain applications - though I'm not sure if this is possible with Xe. It has been a while since I've looked at your release. TP can enforce complete transactions or rollback the entire thing, presumably with an onscreen notification so your users don't find out several days later in a weekly or monthly report that part of their work went missing!

Back