EO8.10 Go-Live

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Yesterday, our customer starts succesfully with EnterpriseOne 8.10 Tool Release 8.94.G1.
We experienced only some problems on job queue and runube command:

1) We defined a mono job queue, but some times we find two UBE in processing on it. I'm not able to understand why. Any idea?

2) Runube command (on PD and JPD environment) fails with following message:
jdeSecGetExtendedTokenByPwd failed

I searched information on KG site without success.
Thanks in advance
Gigi

Hi Gigi,

We are have the same problem that single job queue is running multiple UBE in processing on it and we are 8.93_R1.

GSS is telling us that they having heard anyone having the same problem.

We are INTEL using ORACLE 9.0

What is your platform?

When if you get a solution, please post it.

You stated you are using the runube command....

- One of the options is to choose 'Interactive' or 'Batch' mode for processing. If you choose 'Interactive' all bets are off when it comes to the 'single-threaded' queue business. Reason being, Interactive jobs don't run in a queue...they are interactive therefore they run immediately and only use a queue name for record purposes.

If you are submitting ALL of the jobs in the 'mono' queue as 'BATCH', then you have a different problem all together. It is possible to refresh the queue kernel in releases >=8.9 and doing so causes all processing jobs to be cleared from the memory of the queue kernel. Basically the same thing as finding the queue kernel jdenet_k process and killing it explicitly. The end result being a 'mono' or single-threaded queue will allow another job to process.

We haven't a solution for this problem, we suspect that the problem is related to EnterpriseOne Scheduler. I mean, when a job submitted by a user is running on a job queue (MONO) and scheduler submitts another job on that queue, EnterpriseOne is not able to manage that queue, but for now it is only a suspicion.
Do you have active EnterpriseOne scheduler? Can you test this case(user job+scheduler job on same queue)?
thanks
Gigi

It's not a problem of scheduler. we tested to run jobs via web, and they work togheter in mono job queue!!!!
Any other idea?
thanks
Gigi

You didn't mention your platform. I'm running HP-UX for batch and don't use the JDE scheduler (use CA Workload). It really sounds like a Tools problem, based on your description. Oracle should be supporting you if you have a valid maintenance contract. That being said, try posting your config, hardware/software and your JDE.INI from the enterprise server (without passwords).

In regards to part 2) I ran into the same thing. You now need to tell your RUNUBE user to have a role. I got caught the same way.

IE)

/dbf/peoplesoft/b9/system/bin32/runube SCHEDULER PASSWORD PD9 SCHEDULER UBENAME VERSION JOBQUEUE B P S

If you do a straight RUNBATCH, at least on unix, you'll see

Usage: runube <UserName>
<Password>
<Environment>
<Role>
<ReportName>
<VersionName>
<JobQueue>
<"Interactive"|"Batch">
<"Print"|"Hold">
<"Save"|"Delete">
[Printer]

Give it a whirl

- Morglum

My configuration is

Enterprise server Windows 2000 - EO8.10 894_G1
Database Server Windows 2000 + SQLServer 2000
Web Server Windows 2003 + EO8.10 8.94_G1

Now I'm not able to post jde.ini.
I already saw this problem (cuncurrent job in a queue monojob) on another customer, but with 8.93XXX. I Don't tink that they solves it.
Thanks
Gigi

Back