Enterprise One installation

marcoh

Hi

I am new to this site and I am sure this question has been asked before however i cannot find a link.

I am about to imbark upon an ERP implementation with JDE enterprise one already being chosen. My question is in relation to hardware setup.

We are an AS400/ISERIES company and will continue to use this hardware. Can anyone tell me what is the recommended hardware setup when using an AS400. I have read somewhere that we will need Windows deployment servers etc, how do i find out how many etc.

I am starting from scrath here and if anyone could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Mark,

Once you have become a customer, you will get access to the JDE support WEB site with Minimum Technical Requirements, etc.

Although, I should say, that typically, you would have consultants do the installation amd most of the implementation and the hardware is typically spec'ed by the hardware vendor (i.e.: IBM) for your specific requirements.

First, it really is up to your requirements. Second, it keeps changing from release to release. And last, but not least, IBM would know more about sizing their hardware, than anyone around, including Oracle, so that's the most obvious and reliable choice.

As for the servers required, yes, the Deployment Server needs to be Wintel.

There can also be many other types of servers, necessary or desirable, and the rest can typically be running on the same 400 (perhaps on a different LPAR), or Wintel (required for Crystal Reporting server, if you need one), or anything you are comfortable with. But this is entirely up to the reqs again.

It's really not much different from asking what to do when you get ill - the answer is usually to see a doctor... ;-)

Mark,

Welcome to the list. That's quite a doozy of a first question. I agree with Alex. You guys will need some consultants to point you in the right direction. IBM should also be consulted to help you size your enterprise server. I'm sure that Oracle would love to have a few dollars of that consulting money to help you get started. Welcome to the club.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back