OMW-Terminal Server Not Authorized

Donavan

unable to design in OMW on my deployment server. All services to Terminal server are disabled....under [Debug] in INI file i have placed OWDeveloper=TRUE, tried that in small letters and all caps, still doesn't work. Running W2K3 Enterprise Server...Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Donavan

Donavan,

Why do you wish to do development on the deployment server? I don't think it is possible and if it was, I would not advise doing so. In fact I would do my best to advise against doing so. All development should be done on a client (Fat, Citrix, WTS, etc.).

This may be oversimplifying things, however: When you check out an object and modify it, you are modifying (a copy of) the specs on the local machine. If you are doing this on the deployment server you will be modifying the "master" copy of the specs. If a mistake is made, there will be no "master" from which to "undo" the mistake.

Donavan,

Ditto to Peter's comment. Your deployment server is for compiling packages and applying Service Packs, ESUs and other changes. Use a Fat Client for custom development.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

I understand that you normally would not develop on a deployment server, but i get this message when trying to apply a planner update, JD19076. I am going through the special instructions...This is the first step....

Generate F967611 into Planner and System databases:
a. Go into OMW. Add JDE to the Default project as a Developer.

b. Add F967611 to the Default project.

c. Go into Design and choose the Table Operations tab.

d. Click on ‘Generate Table’, then press ‘OK’ on the ‘Generate Table’ form. The default datasource is ‘OneWorld® Local’. The password field does not require a value.

e. Do step d again, generating the table into System – B7333. You must enter the password, the default password is SYS7333.

I am very new to JDE so some of this stuff I am still trying to learn...

Thanks for the help!!!!

Donavan

You cannot run your Deployment server with Terminal Services unless they are installed in "Administrative Mode" only. If you have it loaded as a Standard Multi-User terminal server, you will errors like this left and right.

Back