Separating search words

playinpearls

I'm really new at JDE so please forgive me for not understanding anything on this site. Hopefully this is the correct place to post. I'm not the IT guy at my work, and have only been on JDE for about 3 months. I'm gonna supply all the info i can find.

My question is when i am in sales order research (job: p594210)(version: cp0001) and i'm searching under the address bar for a lot number, i can only pull results that are exactly what i search. example:
if i search
*53ee*
it will only pull up matches that have exactly "53ee" in them. it wont pull up stuff that says "53 ee". i am wondering if there are any "separation characters" i can use to broaden my search a little avoiding having to look through 2 or 300 results. such as "53, ee, glenaire" or
"53; ee; glenaire" or maybe for a broadened search
"53; 54; 54; ee; dd; glenaire"
this is a big problem where i work cause over the years order entry has never had a set way of entering addresses.
sometimes its "53ee at glenaire" "53-ee @ glenaire" "53 glenaire block ee"
can anyone tell me anything on this?
thanks -Joey

jde one world
release: b7333
service pack: 20
windows server 98(?) through wysebox

P594210 is a custom program. It might help to pin down exactly which search routine you are in if you tell us the name of the search window. This is the little string of letters and numbers in the top left of the window, on the same line as the search title.

In the title bar? it doesn't have any numbers in the upper left.
it just says: Sales Order Lookup - [sales order lookup]

I did find this, under "online support info" listed as "form name" W594210B

Title bar? I think you may be posting in the wrong section. This is the JDE World Applications discussion. It sounds as though you are on OneWorld or Enterprise?

yeah, thats what i'm on, sorry for the mix up.
i'll continue it there.. thanks

Back