No Default_host/wps Defined for WebSphere Portal

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
Hello Fellow CNC-ers

I am almost done getting the WebSphere Portal configured. What a nightmare. I can't believe how many fixes on top of fixes one needs--and how many applications and fix packs and exceptions and gotchas to getting this up and running with an LDAP Server. And the specific order one has to install the million fixes and fix packs (talk about anal retentive) Complete insanity. :)

Anyway, after configuring the Portal to use DB2 UBD I cannot login. I get a "Virtual Host or web application not found no default_host/wps has not been defined" error.

Has anyone who has gotten this to work seen this? I have defined several aliases for the host name and port but I am not sure exactly how to configure WebSphere to "see" the wps directory--as it seems the issue is it cannot find the definition for portal on 'default_host/wps'.

Where is that defined? Anyone know? Only found 1 exact hit on all of Google.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Tirado

It sounds like an HTTPD.CONF issue. Have you edited that file yet?

Edit it how and where Dan? :) I did use the "helper" files in Portal to configure relevant files per the manual but I readily admit I might have missed something. The thing is they have HTTP server running but the product is using IIS. I can switch over to HTTP Server or advise them too-just ran out of time. Can you tell me what to look for exactly? I am sure it is something like a VirtualHost parm or something like that.

Thanks
Joe Tirado

Back