Printing across 2 domains

Suni

We are trying to implement createform for printing, but have come across a problem. Our workstations and printers are on one network domain, while the E1 Enterprise server and CreateForm servers are on another domain. The printers are directly attached local printers. In our testing, we are prompted to login to the workstation printer. This doesn't appear to be able to be automated (the server is running W2K).

We've also tried moving the createform servers to the same domain as the workstation and printers, but you can't specify the domain in E1 printer setup - only the box the printer is on. So the printing doesn't happen there either.

I can print to a "true" network printer using an IP Address that is on the same domain as the E1 Aps server, but these printers aren't set up with nic cards.

My question is, has anyone else been able to get Createform printing to work across domains with locally attached printers?

Thanks!

Suni,

I am not a domain admin type person, but we have set up a "trust relationship" between two of our domains, which allows access from one domain to the other without having to log on. Sorry I can't give you the technical details.

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't know why we don't already have something like this - it would make my life a whole lot easier in supporting my users! I ended up just putting nics into the printers and printing to their IP address. It is working fine that way.

Back