ALternate Serialised object

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hello All

I have a system, where we use alternate pathcode for full generation ( using a sperate user id) etc.
Now these ocm only exist in system data source but not in any of the server maps. Is this corect, We did not had any issue so far
Shouldn't the alternate data source ocm exist on server map too . They do have the regular f989999/8 mapped to Central object..

Could any one, please let me know the reason for this setup

Aprreicate your helpful comment

We also use alternate "containers" for generation of JAS. We map both in system and server map for F989999/F989998 and flip (AV/NA) in both places to the correct/active *public generated "container" set. You don't indicate your platforms.

We are Nt/sql platform, We dont have the only one ocm defined ( central object) in server map and had no issues so far.... I am worndering what is the the reason

I have this but I have it mapped to a seperate datasource called JASGEN, with a speprate ID and password, I only have 2 mappings for that datasource the objects are generated and verified and then we copy them to the live tables once users are off the system.

You should only need to have the mappings for the System data source as the server doesn't need to know about those tables to run code. The tables are purely needed for clients to find the specifications for the applications being called through the web interface.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

Good explanation. However, since I am on J environment and running businesslogic on the server, shouldn't this also be defined on the server map....Correct me I am wrong

As far as I understand it, the server doesn't interact with the F989998 and F989999 tables. Only the clients do. The server map gets its specs for applications, etc... from the locally installed code on the logic server.

I hope this makes sense.

Back