E8.11 SP1 deployment server issues

WinPrice

WinPrice

I took two freshly installed Windows 2003 servers, updated them with SP1 for Win2K3, installed .NET 2003, and the rest of the MTR requirements.

I then installed the 8.11 base deployment server and completed plans on both servers with no issues.

I got the SP1 software and decided to put that down since I had not gone very far with the 8.11 install. So I uninstall, clean up the drives and registry, etc.

I then put down 8.11 SP1 deployment server CD's and get an error message logging in, directly after I close the Tip of the Day indicating a C++ runtime issue:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: E:\E811\System\bin32\activConsole.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applcation's support team for more information.

GSC is stumped.

I have uninstalled .NET a couple times and repeated the install with the same results.

Has anyone else run across this issue with 8.11 SP1 yet?

If I can get it figured out, I will post it here for future edification, but I want to cover my bases.

Thanks,
Winston

We ran across this issue when installing 811 on a Win 2000 server. After talking with GSC we upgraded the box to Win 2003, SP1. We removed 811 and then installed 811 SP1 and the problem went away. There are a couple articles in the KG on the same issue but most have you checking the MTRs.

Grant

Thanks for the response, Grant. The MTRs were the first thing I checked. I am up to date. GSC told me the same thing.

The strange thing is that now I am unable to get a clean install. In lieu of the lenght of time it would take to reimage the machine here (2-3 weeks), I am going to resort to doing the install on my Win2K3 web server using a file and registry monitor to find the keys and files that get updated/created. I will post the list here once I get it in case anyone else runs into this.

Best regards,
Winston

Same problem here on our restored deployment server - 8.95_SP1. I'm not sure yet what is throwing it off. It worked fine on original deployment server.

I am still working my case with GSC. I will post my results once it has been resolved.

The uninstall issue ended up being a new file that was left under c:\Windows called vpd.properties.

This file may not always get cleaned up so you may need to remove it manually to get a good uninstall.

Back