SQL 2000 Export of JDE_PRODUCTION to a flat file

snowman

snowman

We have (Corporate decision) decided to go with Oracle’s eBusiness Suite. What we are looking to do is export our current JDE_PRODUCTION (PRODDTA tables) to a flat file in order to import into Oracle’s eBusiness Suite. They unfortunaltey do not have the tools for this yet.

I have tried to use Enterprise Manager to do this export, but when I choose Text File, it only alows me to do one table at a time.

Any suggestions out there other than sticking with JDE?

Thanks

Greg

Greg,

By eBusiness Suite you mean Oracle's propietary ERP?
Don't you?
In that case, no matter what tool you choose, it's not
just copying and pasting tables. You'll have to adapt
JDE data to Oracle's logic. Not an easy task!!!
Anyway, you can use bcp (a DOS tool that comes with
SQL Server) to export all of your tables to text files.
The whole table list can be obtained by running
sp_tables on JDE_PRODUCTION (Query Analyzer).

Sebastian Sajaroff

[ QUOTE ]
We have (Corporate decision) decided to go with Oracle’s eBusiness Suite. What we are looking to do is export our current JDE_PRODUCTION (PRODDTA tables) to a flat file in order to import into Oracle’s eBusiness Suite. They unfortunaltey do not have the tools for this yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic, huh? Guess their ERP product isn't "Fusion Ready".....

Good luck, you're gonna need it....

The really ironic part is that had your corporation decided to switch to SAP, there actually would be tools and support availible to make the transition. OK, I'm done casting stones at Larry and company....
grin.gif

Coporate Decision to switch to Oracle E-business Suite...This seems to be a trend with the way Oracle's Marketing execs cut companies deals by offering them Enterprise wide licensing for Oracles e-business suite for a very low fee which is much lower than wat EnterpriseOne licenses would cost.

In reposne to your orginal request , JDE's R98403 should be the easiest( not the fastest) option for you. I presume you first want to get your Business Data in a Oracle database first , for an easier migration into the Oracle Apps tables

Back