JAS on B8.9 installation problem

Sebastiau

Sebastiau

Hi Dear List,
I am installing first time JAS server on EnterpriseOne 8.9.
I am working on Windows2000 with SQL Server 2000. I have installed Websphere 5.02 from CD full version together with IBM HTTP Server 1.3.26. On my server I have tools 8.93J.S1_06_50 so the same I am installing on my JAS. I downloaded it from Customer Connection and also I have guide in pdf. I tried already installation on Websphere 5.0.2 and 4.0 and in both cases I am getting to the same point:
After installing PeopleSoft from 8.93J.S1_06_50 I am starting the server1 and AS_JS_81_PSCJASB9 and according to the documentation I should access installation through the Web by http://pscjasb9:81/jde/owhtml/. I can not ! When I am going to Admin page in Websphere 5.0.2 I can see in Enterprise Applications installed EA_JS_81_PSCJASB9 but her status is unavailable. When I am trying to start it I receive the red message:
"The application can not be started on server AS_JS_81_PSCJASB9. Make sure the server is started."
The server is started.
Can you share some information how to fix that problem?
From documentation I check everything....

Hi List,
No after installing PeopleSoft server1 service dont want to start, but when I open First Steps installation I am able to start the server and get access through Administrative Console.

Just WebSphere 5.0.2 is not enough. You need to install 5.0.2.6 (WebSphere 5.0, Fixpack 2, Cume 6) application server AND enterprise server. See post 97576 for the order of the steps.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your reply. I have checked the case you mentioned. From Oracle I received:
------------------------------------------
Hello Sebastian,

Your SystemOut.log:

************ Start Display Current Environment ************

WebSphere Platform 5.0 [BASE 5.0.2 ptf2M0325.01] [PME 5.0.2 ptf20327.03] running with process name PSCWKS\PSCWKS\AS_JS_81_PSCWKS and process id 2248

Host Operating System is Windows 2000, version 5.0

The correct SystemOut.log should show

************ Start Display Current Environment ************

WebSphere Platform 5.0 [BASE 5.0.2.3 cf30403.04] [PME 5.0.2.2 cf20348.01]

This is the ONLY configuration supported
-----------------------------------------------
Below you will find the locations of the files required for WebSphere 5.0 on IBM's FTP Site.

This also represents the order these fixes should be installed once Base or ND and PME have been laid down.

Base or ND Fixpack 2 (Takes Base or ND 5.0 to 5.0.2):
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/fixpacks/was50/fixpack2/

was50_nd_fp2_win.zip

PME Fixpack 2 (Takes Enterprise Edition 5.0 to 5.0.2):
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/fixpacks/was50/fixpack2_enterprise/

was50_pme_fp2_win.zip

Base or ND Cum Fix 2 (Takes Base or ND 5.0.2 to 5.0.2.2):
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/fixpacks/was50/fixpack2/cumulative/cf2/

was502_nd_cf2_win.zip
was502_cf2_win

PME Cum Fix 2 (Takes Enterprise Edition 5.0.2 to 5.0.2.2):
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/fixpacks/was50/fixpack2_enterprise/cumulative/

was502_pme_cf2_win.zip

Base or ND Cum Fix 3 (Takes Base or ND 5.0.2.2 to 5.0.2.3):
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/websphere/appserv/support/fixpacks/was50/fixpack2/cumulative/cf3/

was502_nd_cf3_win.zip
-------------------------------------------------------------
But I will try to do it again.

Okey it works. I didnt know that fixes and the order has such a important meaning in JAS installation proces.

S - Not Only that. You have to install fixpacks to Apps server then Enterpsise, then cume fixes to app server and then enterprise - all in the right order. If you're still having issues, email me.

Simon

Hi ..

You would see EA_JS_81_PSCJASB9 as "unavailable" because you would have logged to Websphere as http://pscjasb9:9090/admin. This will invoke the admin console for Server1. So all the applications installed for server EA_JS_81_PSCJASB9 would be in the state unavailable. In order to see the status of EA_JS_81_PSCJASB9, you have install the Admin console for application server AS_JS_81_PSCJASB9. In order to view the JAS instance on port no 81, you need to correct the server.xml file located in "Program Files\WebSphere\AppServer\config\cells\<ServerName>\nodes\<ServerName>\servers\AS_JS_81_PSCJASB9" location.

Go the Line
<address xmi:id="EndPoint_1115966190469" host="" port="9081"/>
Change 9081 to 81
<address xmi:id="EndPoint_1115966190469" host="" port="81"/>
Restart Websphere services

Regards,
Manohar

What is up with all of the responses to a dead post? The original poster solved their own problem......

Back