Warnings in BuildLog.txt File

ARJOHNSON

I have posted a copy of my buildlog.txt file from my PY Package build last night.. I am receiving the following warnings:

CBUSPART.dll - 0 error(s), 28 warning(s): Built successfully.

CQSEC.dll - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s): Built successfully.

Need some assistance in trying to track down where these warnings are coming from. Anyone ever see these before? I get the same warnings in all three path codes (full builds).. However in PD I have not received the QSEC.dll warning yet. So probably whatever is causing that particular warning hasn't been promoted up to Prod yet?

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Angie

JDE OneWorld XE/Update 7/sp22_t1
Iseries DB2, Citrix

Attachments

• 97232-buildlog.txt
    184.2 KB · Views: 291
Angie,

The errors are: "local variable is initialized but not referenced"

This error is usually associated to an Event Variable in a Named Event Rule that is not used anywhere within the NER. Ideally, if an Event Variable is not being used within a NER - it should be removed (either the NER isn't done - or needs to have the unused Event Variables removed).

The errors are ignored - but... it's not clean coding... Get'er fixed!

(db)

The errors are ignored - but... it's not clean coding... Get'er fixed!-- Is there any easy way to figure out which NER is causing the issue or to which developer this NER would point to?

You can open up the buildlog.txt and search for 'Warning'. It will display the warnings associated with each NER. I parsed through your file:

CBUSPART: N5531003,N554111T, N5741003, N5741008
CQSEC: NY5AF501, NY5AF430

Chris

an addendum to what Chris said - you can identify the developer by going into OMW, hitting the FORM area on the Exit bar, then 'Search by Object'... You can then select the object and it will show up in your OMW pane... from there you can look at owners. When you refresh (hit find) - the project will vanish from the pane (unless you added yourself to it and/or its status is within your range)
(db)

Back