Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created?

ekempter

ekempter

Administrator
Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created? The JDELIST EnterpriseOne forum would be for EnterpriseOne 8.10 and below questions.

I would think that if we are going to split forums we may wish to think about doing so along release families. ERP8/Xe/Prior and 8.9/8.10/8.11 and Fusion.

I would like to see some variation of the word "Tech", be that "Technical" or "Technology" or "Not Apps Please don't post those questions here". It clutters up the message boards when folks post to the wrong forum.

[ QUOTE ]
... ERP8/Xe/Prior and 8.9/8.10/8.11 and Fusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff, shouldn't that last one be ConFusion?

YES

Cleary Kirkendall

Western Region Sales Alliance Partner

Main Number: 866-426-6701, ext 719

_____

Behalf Of ekempter
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created?

Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created? The JDELIST
EnterpriseOne forum would be for EnterpriseOne 8.10 and below questions.
This post contains the poll as shown below. To vote, please visit the
JDEList Forums <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb> .

Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created?
You may choose only one

Yes

No

Votes accepted from 9/28/2005 00:00 AM to No end specified
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

_____

The entire <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=> JDELIST
thread is available for viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job
forum

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwardsR.

Yes. For sure.

Actually how about one for "EnterpriseOne 8.11 or Web Client Installs"? This would include anyone using 8.9/8.10/8.11 Web client as well as 8.11.

Colin

I would prefer to see them broken further by 'functional' and 'dysfunktionall'

(db)

Would the emphasis be on "Con" or "Fusion" ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... ERP8/Xe/Prior and 8.9/8.10/8.11 and Fusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff, shouldn't that last one be ConFusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted "NO" and here's what my thoughts were:

I understand, that unwanted messages can be annoying, but missing the wanted messages can be taxing - in more ways than one.

It would, of course, be nice to have a forum for the interesting messages and another one - for the rest. ;-)

Since it's not a possibility, the choice really is: would you prefer to risk the chance of missing something important, in exchange for a bit fewer messages to go through?

Or would you rather have to read more messages, but never suffer from missing something useful?

Personally, I am subscribed to a few forums here - not because they are all relevant to me, but because an interesting message can be (and often is) sent to a forum I normally would consider of no interest. Frequently, an issue can be hard to classify (except for the "URGENT!!! TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW!!!" kind, which are by default sent to all forums at once).

Consequently, I chose to live with the flood of what is of no interest to me, in order not to miss something I might like.

From this point of view, creating highly specialized forums will make it less convenient: I will have more forums to subscribe and spend more time browsing between them...

RE: Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created? *DELETED*

Post deleted by ekempter

Re: RE: Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created?

You COULD have a forum for 8.9 and above - versus everything below ERP 8.0 - there are two distinct differences there.

However, its all dependant on service pack to be honest. I really don't think there SHOULD be a split in the forums - because it just makes it another place to go and look. Keep all the info in one place, its easier to search.

Re: RE: Should a new JDELIST EnterpriseOne 8.11 forum be created?

Also NO as per Alex's and Jon's statements.

Back