E1 Security question

CNCJohn

I need to secure Fixed Assets for one region in a global setting from any further updates. The applications are listed below for which the action security should be changed to "Readonly" mode.

The challenge here is that I need to make the above change only for 1 region out of 4 (companies between 00100 to 00215 and from 00993 to 00998).

Objects to be changed:

P1204 Asset Master - apply hyper exit security to the Asset Split and Asset Disposal row exits.
R12855 Calculate Depreciation
R12803 Identify New Entries
P12102 Revise Unposted Entries - apply hyper exit security to Post row exit.
R12108 Asset Transfer
R12104 Asset Disposal
R12825 Annual Close

DO any of you know how this can be accomplished easily? I have considered creating new roles with action & row security however that seems tedious so I wonder if someone else has been faced with this and come up with a solution.

Regards,
John

[ QUOTE ]
I have considered creating new roles with action & row security however that seems tedious

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to JDE security! Tedious is the norm. I have requests like yours all the time. Creating a new group is the SOP. Procedure:

1) Create new group
2) In security workbench, do a "copy all". Copy from the base group into the new group.
3) Make any menu changes or taskview changes.
4) Create a test user in the new group.
5) Have a key user log in as the test user and validate the changes.
6) Transfer the users into the new group.

For Sarbannes Oxley purposes, all of the above is documented in a change control database.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back