Poor Performance after V5R3 upgrade.

mmalone

We have upgraded our AS400 to V5R3 (latest CUME, HIPERS etc.) last weekend and have been experiencing very bad performance one oneworld since.
We are on oneworld SP23_G1. The problem appears to be related to the DZASOINIT jobs running under the QUSRWRK subsystem that are driving the CPU up to 100% constantly.
Batch jobs run ok when everybody logs out but take 20-30 times longer to run when users are on the system.
Has anybody else had this issue and if so how did you resolve it?

Did you delete all your SQL Packages including the Database Level Sql Package ?. If no Delete and re-IPL the machine it should fix this I guess.

Thanks but we deleted sql pakcages plus IBM recommended one (QGPL/QZDAPKG) as part of the upgrade.

Have you updated Client Access/iSeries Access as well? The fat clients, Deployment server should be updated as well to match. We are on V5R3 latest Cum running iSeries Access V5R3 SI16496.

Did you resolve your performance issues? What did you do? I am looking into a V5R3 upgrade like you went thru. You may be able to save me some time and heartache...

We are having the exact same issues since upgrading. It also appears that the kernels are hogging more memory when they run. We have a calls open with IBM and JDOracleSoft...but you know how that goes.

V5R3 Xe SP23_G1

One thing to ensure is that you delete all your SQL Packages when OneWorld is offline - the instructions are in the service pack documentation - but this usually causes a lot of issues after a V5R3 upgrade.

Secondly, I'd plan for a full package build as well as soon as possible - you definately want to relink your business functions to the latest OS update.

Back