Compiling issues on the enterprise server.

Jogil

I am new to JDE and we are in the process of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.11. Both Enterprise Server and Database Servers are in Unix and Web Server and Deployment Servers are in WIndows.

When I attempt to build a package the client package compiles successfully but the Enterprise package build with errors. When I look at the error logs under the pathcode on the Enterprise Server under Compilelogs folder I can see all the Business functions failed to compile with a warning of similar to "b8998951.i", line 1: warning: empty translation unit.

Is anyone encountered this problem? I am looking for a solution.

Hmmmm, never seen this one before but "Empty translation unit" basically means that the source file does not contain any C code.

[ QUOTE ]
I am new to JDE and we are in the process of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.11. Both Enterprise Server and Database Servers are in Unix and Web Server and Deployment Servers are in WIndows.

When I attempt to build a package the client package compiles successfully but the Enterprise package build with errors. When I look at the error logs under the pathcode on the Enterprise Server under Compilelogs folder I can see all the Business functions failed to compile with a warning of similar to "b8998951.i", line 1: warning: empty translation unit.

Is anyone encountered this problem? I am looking for a solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I go into the source folder I can see all the .c files and the include folder contains the .h files. (Both .c and .h have the contents (code)). I am not sure what is .i files.

Does your compiler meet MTRs?

[ QUOTE ]
If I go into the source folder I can see all the .c files and the include folder contains the .h files. (Both .c and .h have the contents (code)). I am not sure what is .i files.

[/ QUOTE ]

"In addition to .c and .o, cc recognizes .s to be an assembly source file,
.a to be a library archive, .f to be a fortran program (in which case f77
.s invoked to produce a .o file), .i to be C source file produced by running
the C preprocessor on it."

http://www.phy.bnl.gov/hep-np/physgi01/usr_info/HOWTO.use_C

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about checking your INI file. Is the path to include, lib etc is correct?

I had that type of issue where the server pacakge was failing becuase I had not defind the right path in [JDE_CG] section of INI on the enterprise server.

Finally this issue has been resolved. It was nothing to do with our side. Its a bad software provided by Oracle/Peoplesoft. While compiling objects peoplesoft uses a command called 'scan' to modify the c program to include some of the unicode related stuff and there is a 'scan' command in unix (sun OS) and it takes preference (based on the path) and does nothing.

Changed the path preferences and worked great. But took almost 3 weeks to figure it out. Thanks guys for your help.

Hopefully this will help someone who is on Sun OS (Enterprise Server).

Back