Commit Failed when Doing Confirm Shipment

bryan_whlau

I suffered from a problem related to transaction processing.

I'm using the JDE system (ERP 8.0 SP22 with Oracle DB) with the Citrix machine.

When I did Confirm Shipment (P4205), I received the error message 'Commit Failed'.

The result is that the F41021 get updated (i.e. Inventory being deducted) while all other related files like F4211 or F4111 remind unchanged.

In fact, I did turned on manual rollback option but system not likely to insert record in F41021WF to facilitate the roll back process.

There is no fix pattern to determine when and how the issue happened.

What I know is that we are using Citrix (WTS) environment while still login JDE using PD7334 instead of WPD7334. Will that be a problem?

Is there any other tuning like the time out setup in JDE.ini required to be consider to resolve the issue?

Hi Bryan,
I've started having the same problem today. Dam thing has been working fine up until the weekend. We rebooted our infrastructure over the weekend and we have started having Commit Fails.

We are OneWorld 7333 Xe SP 23 in a AS400/DB2 environment (V5R3), Citrix Metaframe XP.

Did you find a solution for your problem?

Hi Bryan,

I saw a problem like this with the oracle db some time ago....the issue was actually with the oracle db software, but they would not raise a 'TAR' so we had to put a setting in the jde.ini files which was something like 'serverhandlereuse=1'....this stopped the database forfeiting the cursors...ps: the commit failed message only occurred during stress testing

Dear Bryan,

I have seen this before, particularly after records are 'purged' from the Sales Order Detail table F4211.

The 'Commit' that is being referenced is an SQL 'Commit' failure (could not insert into one of the tables included in the transaction boundary), so the transaction is 'Rolled Back'. This is not an inventory commitment issue.

Try running the transaction from a Fat cliet with logging on, and look at the JDE.log. You should see that a record could not be inserted in a table (probably something like F49211 Sales Order Detail Tag or F4074 Price Audit). I am attaching a sample of what the JDE.log would look like.

If you are splitting lines and have purged the old lines from F4211, but not the other tables, Ship Confirm is trying to create split lines that duplicate the Order Number/Line Number.

Post back and let me know if this works.

Roger Coxon
Coxon Consulting LLC

Attachments

• 100706-Sample Commit Fail - JDE.log.txt
    647 bytes · Views: 142
I used to have a similar error. Try Document ID ODS-01-0043, it worked for me
laugh.gif

Back