Tons of news coming out of OpenWorld

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date
Hearing Larry say they wouldn't force customers to upgrade to an intermediary release prior to Project Fusion may have been worth the entire trip. Well, that and the "free" booze and the Counting Crows. I'm relieved that my company is already running the Oracle database and has yet to commit to a web client for general use. We currently use WebSphere for CSS, but there are plans to scrap that and build something entirely new with a Point Solution. So, our options are open and we'd rather know we are making the right decision with JDE/Oracle ERP apps before firmly commiting ourselves to the "Red Stack".

I think the general mood was mass (pun intended) confusion. There were just so many people there (35,000+) that it was hard to get to the sessions even when you pre-registered. I still got to a few that were definitely worth my while. I decided to change my flight and left on Thursday morning. I was certain that Houston would be shutdown and I'd be stuck in San Francisco with a $400 a night hotel bill. Good thing I switched - the evacuation due to Hurricane Rita is enormous.

Back