Security setting for different environments for one user

Bally_BK

Well Known Member
Hi ALL

Security setting for different environments for one user.For Example..for user "A" given access for DV and PY environment with full access but same user has to be given read only access to production environment with same user id not with different user id. Is it possibale to setup different security lelvels for one user id for different environments .

Any input is highly appreciated.

Regards
Bally

One possibility is to OCM the security tables (such as F00950). The OCM, as you know, can change the datasource based on the user and environment.

F00950 is normally mapped to the system datasource. So you could create F00950, in say, a new datasource called SystemProd. Now map the user in question to use the SystemProd F00950 when signed into prod and the System F00950 by default. When the user signs into prod, OCM will use the security settings in SystemProd (which can lock down whatever you wish).

Good luck,

Chris

Bally,

I have done this way by assigning the user to two different roles ( I am assuming you in e89 and up). and the role have access to different environment

e.g

* Public level you take all the security out i.e *Public *all NN

Then lets have two role called Dummy PD and Dummy DV

For Dummy DV, you will give *all YY this give all security to the user
For Dummy PD you will give view only/ read only security.

Now in the environment assigment assign only PD and JPD to Dummy PD and for Dummy DV, assign DV<JDV PY and JPY.

When the user now log in to PD, his Dummy PD role will be applicable and the security in that role will be applicable. Simmilarly when he logs in to DV or PY environmen, his Dummy PY role will be applied.

Enabling Role chooser might have an impact, as we have disabled role chooser here.

Hi ALL,

Thanks for your reply, im currently working in one world Xe.
Can you please explain me step by step process in OCM.in ocm, i can attach only roles but not to user.

Regards
Ganesh

Ganesh

In OCM if you drill into the system role you will see that you can choose a specific user.

Patty

We're working towards implementing with this plan as well. Can you tell me how the Role Chooser might cause a problem (I'm not very familiar with it)?

One of the reason we chose this was b/c we have a role called secrole which lock every thign down , other role give access to what you need. Therefore if you log into any envirinmnet, you always have two role, one role wich gives you access and another role(secrole ) which locks every thign else down. With rol choser enabled, user canchose one role which give him accesss to every thing.

I am sure you can achive this result some other way. However, based on the requirement here, I had to configure it like this

I hope this helps

Back