E-mail addresses: Registration & User Profile

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric & Support,

When I register on JDEList, then I should add an e-mail address - named as "real" e-mail address.

When I open my User Profile on JDEList, then I can edit two e-mail addresses, labeled as:

Email Address (displayed as from address in mailing list posts)
...and...
Email address (displayed on posts)

My questions are:

Q1.) Is my registration "real" e-mail is "hard-coded"?
Q2.) Is one of the e-mail adresses in my profile equivalent with the "real" e-mail address (added at registration time)?
Q3.) Can I change my "real" e-mail address, changing one of the addresses in my profile?
Q4.) Can I change my "real" e-mail address at all?

After I have read the Privacy Policy, I checked the relevant sections in the FAQ, but currently I am a bit confused in this issue - mainly about the label text of the addresses on the User Profile sheet.

Thanks your answer guidance in advance,

Zoltán

Re: E-mail addresses: Registration & User Profile

[ QUOTE ]

Q1.) Is my registration "real" e-mail is "hard-coded"?
<font color="red">NO</font>
Q2.) Is one of the e-mail adresses in my profile equivalent with the "real" e-mail address (added at registration time)?
<font color="red">YES </font>
Q3.) Can I change my "real" e-mail address, changing one of the addresses in my profile?
<font color="red">YES, but you will have to go through the validation process.</font>
Q4.) Can I change my "real" e-mail address at all?
<font color="red">YES </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response.

Just 3 other question:

Q2/2.) Which e-mail address in my profile is the equivalent with the "real" e-mail address?

Q5.) What is the validation process, that I will have to go through (just briefly)?

Q6.) Will anything else change, if I change my real address (e.g. personal settings, favorite threads, subscriptions, number of posts, etc.)?

Please, bear with me, asking so much.
blush.gif

Thanks again,

Zoltán

Re: E-mail addresses: Registration & User Profile

Zoltan,

The only thing that will change is your email address. The validation process is the same as when you first registered. You will be unable to login again until you respond to the validation message that is sent to your new real addresss..

Hi Eric,

Thanks your response again.

[ QUOTE ]
The validation process is the same as when you first registered.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was almost five years ago, when I registered
cool.gif
, so I am thankful, that you described me the validation process briefly.

Thanks all again,

Regards,

Zoltán
...who is still in the office - but almost out of patience
wink.gif

(not because of this thread
cool.gif

Back