Oracle Open World - Some Tips

MichaelSeymour

Just wanted to pass along some tips for Oracle Open World.

- We are going to unofficially repeat the session S716, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools and Technologies Road Map. It will be held in 1001 Moscone West right after the Tuesday's Hands On Lab (Approximately 3:30). The room is small, so first preference will be for the people attending the lab. However, we will see about allowing Standing Room. We are not going to start it until after the HOL is finished, so please be polite.

- Speaking of Hands on Lab. Right now, all of the sessions are full. I encourage you to waitlist for the sessions that are of interest to you. Also, if you really want into a session I would show up on the day. My experience says that a portion of the people will not show up for their registration, especially those who registered it multiple times. Its the same session every day so no use in going twice. However, you should attend the first and second session of the lab as they are interconnected.

- There are some sessions that I think that JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers might benefit from that might not jump out at you.
- S1288: PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, and Oracle E-Business Suite Integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware; Tues, 11-12 PM; 102 Moscone South. This is actually a "Server Tech" session ("Server Tech" is what we call the database and middleware groups). This may not appear in your course catalog in the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne section, but it will actually have a good bit of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne content.
- S472: Operational Dashboards: The Next Generation of Business Intelligence for PeopleSoft, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, and Oracle Applications; Thurs, 4-5 PM; 2020 Moscone West. There will be JD Edwards EnterpriseOne content in this one too but its not listed in the Apps Technology track, so you may overlook it.
- S1604: Unified Process Platform; Mon, 3-4 PM; 3009 Moscone South. I am actually putting the content together for this presentation (although I am not the presenter) and it will be relevant to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. Its forward looking, but will discuss how we are enabling process in the next generation of applications
- S919: Service Oriented Applications; Wed, 11-12 PM; 2005 Moscone West. This is a server tech session but will actually have a demo of EnterpriseOne in it. It will discuss how to leverage Oracle BPEL Process Manager with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (and PeopleSoft and E-Business Suite).
I encourage you to check out the course catalog. http://www28.cplan.com/cv_106/sessions_catalog.jsp. If you have not pre-registered for sessions you should do so right now! Availability is limited for all sessions. Right now, most of the JD Edwards sessions other than the Hands On Lab have space, but that may not last.

I would love to meet everyone on this mailing list. If you want to stop by and say hi. I will be at the "Expert's Corner" on
Tuesday - 10:30AM - 1:30PM
Wednesday- 10:30AM - 2:30PM
And at the "EnterpriseOne Technology Demo Pod" on
Thursday - 10:00AM - 1:00PM

I will also try to be there for the Tech Sig meeting and happy hour, assuming United gets me there on time.

Thanks and have a great show.

I know its geeky to reply to your own post....but I have some more tidbits for you:

I know that many are still recovering from all of the language and terminology that PeopleSoft laddled on. Well, Oracle will be introducing a lot of new terminology too. If you don't understand a term in a session be sure to ask about it. Here is a short decoder for you:
* BPEL - Business Process Execution Language - This is a web service standard that defines process. You will probably here this about 1000 times during the conference, it is a cool concept and Oracle is a leader in this space.
* XML Publisher - The name is very misleading, it does not publish XML in a way you think. It is actually a reporting/formatting engine that Oracle believes can offer value to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers.
* OC4J - This is Oracle's name for the java container in their Web Application server. Actually stands for "Oracle Container for Java."
* OAS/iAS - This is a shortened name for Oracle Web Application Server.
* Fusion Middleware - This is Oracle's umbrella brand for its middleware product including Business Integration, Web Application Server, BPEL Process Manager, JD Edwards EnterpriseOneveloper, etc.
* Product Strategy - This is the group that used to be called Product Management, basically they are responsible for defining product direction.

Hopefully this will help with the learning curve.

the E1 Tools Roadmap will also be presented at the Technology SIG User Group meeting on Sunday, sept 18th, at 10:20 at 3007 Moscone West.

Back