B2B Website interfacing with JDE database?

Jeremy Biros

Well Known Member
Some former consultants created our nightmare B2B website for our dealers to place furniture orders with us. I'll start by saying, they did a terrible job (i.e., used char fields to store numeric JDE data, used char(15) fields to store char(20) JDE data, used Visual Basic DLL files and didn't leave the source code, used hard to maintain/customize Front Page objects, did not create a single primary key or index, etc, etc, etc.)

The saddest part of all of this is that we probably paid them a fortune for their "work".

Now, I had to make a change to the database & websites and it has been a nightmare. I was just curious how everyone else approached web order entry design for their B2B or B2C websites.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

The JDE Portal should be a good option for you, but they actually phasing that out, you prob have to use the WebSphere collaborative portal (But who knows how long Larry will keep that).

But if you are on Xe SP 15, dont know how well the JDE portal will work for you or if its veven supported. The JDE web stuff pre SP 20 was quite a nightmare in itself.

Back