Do I really need to set up Multi-Foundation?

SULLY1

VIP Member
We have two enterprise servers. One called finance (production) and findev (all other environments). The finance box has the shared datasources (sys7333,obj7333 and dd7333). The findev box has it's own system directory plus the test pathcodes. I installed SP23_K1 yesterday on the deployment server and findev and porttest will not run. I'm missing libora80.sl. I've tried copying it from the previous foundation..no good. I opened a call with Oracle and they sent me all this stuff on multi-foundation and didn't answer my question about the missing libora80.sl I don't know what would happen if I changed my datasources to point to libora81.sl, that would affect production. Look for advice. Thanks.

Patty

Servers have their own copies of DSN definitions, so it should be quite allright - it would not affect production, if you change these definitions for the dev server only.

Are you moving from SP 18 to SP 23. You would need to take care of the new database encryption algorithim. This may not be the immediate cause of your porttest failing , but not taking care of this can cause problems later.

The new alogithim updates the system passwords on the fly the time first a record is accessed. Now the F98OWSEC is still residing on your Prod server. When you do a PORTTEST for the first time the new alogirithim will update the system F98OWSEC record for that user with the new encryption which can be read only with the new SP.

Just my thoughts, you may have already thought this over

Guys thanks for the responses.

Alex

What do you mean by DSN definitions?

Ice Cube

I have applied the ESU associated with the password encryption. My problem is that porttest will not run because the libora80.sl doesn't exist in the new foundation code.

Patty

Patty,

What Alex meant about the servers having their own DSN definitions is that , Each server has its own Server Map database which would have its set of datasource definitions - F98611.

So incase with the new Service Pack ,Oracle datasources have to use a different dll, you can change it in the F98611 in the server map of your dev server without affecting Prod.

I just looked up the system folder of a Xe system I have on SP23_G1, and I dont see any ora file by the name you mentioned. the only three I see are ora802.lib and ora803.lib.

May be some one who as a Oracle / Unix platform on SP23 or higher can tell you what they have in their datasource definitions

Patty,

We went to SP23 from SP20 back in June and we had to change our Datasource
definitions from libora80.sl to libora81.sl
to get a successful Porttest. We did this by Server Map so we could test in
CRP.

We are UNix / Oracle 8.1.7.3.0 - ERP8 SP23J

Re: RE: Do I really need to set up Multi-Foundation?

Anyone using multi-foundation using two AS400 Enterprise servers and EnterpriseOne 8.93 or higher?

Back