Making Journal Entries into JDE through an interface application

Mukund

Hi,

I am new to JD Edwards and we are developing a reporting application in Java. Here we fetch data from JD Edwards and allow users to make some manipulation and then we need to update some of the values back into JD Edwards (like doing debit / credits against a business unit/Account code) through a Journal Entry.

We were exploring ways of automating this process. are there any specific processes/utilities offered by JD Edwards (Worldsoft) so that I can make use of it through my Java application.

also, please let me know what all needs to be considered when doing a Journal entry.

Regards,

I think you can do this , you have to use Z-file see F0911Z*
files.

Thanks

Thanks for your inputs.

So, do you mean to say, we collect all the Journal entries, and add it to the F0911Z* file.
Do we need to invoke any process after that to make the updations into F0911 file and any other related file.

Regards,
Mukund

I am new to World. But in One World, there is functionality to export into JE. Far

Mukund,

> So, do you mean to say, we collect all the Journal
> entries, and add it to the F0911Z* file.

The file you need is F0911Z1. Generally JDE uses a file with a "Z" in the name to indicate a batch transaction file.

> Do we need to invoke any process after that to make the
> updations into F0911 file and any other related file.

The program that processes F0911Z1 is P09110Z. Look at the Dream Writer Version list for form P09110Z. There should be two JDE-supplied versions: XJDE0001, and XJDE0002. The descriptions are self-explanatory.

As a general principle you should neither run nor modify JDE-supplied DW versions. Use option 3 to make copies and work on those.

Working in a test environment, create test records in the F0911Z1 with the fields you think you will be using. Create a DW Version by copying one of the JDE-supplied versions, modify it so it best fits what you are trying to do and run it. No matter how carefully you research in advance you will never get it perfectly right first time, so be prepared to spend a lot of time testing, adjusting, testing etc.

Note that the first processing option is proof or final mode. Proof does everything that final does except update the files. Therefore you will probably want to run in proof first until you get an error-free run, then run in final. Rather than change the processing option you should make two versions - a proof one and a final one.

Back