Client Access Service Pack level with V5R3 OS

jschultz

Hi. Our shop will soon be upgrading to OS V5R3 from V5R2. Our production system is an 820 which will be upgraded to V5R3.
What I am asking is, what level of Service pack are other shops running with V5R3 that would work the best (or has given the least amount of headaches)with OneWorld XE and 8.10 ?
We currently have an I-520 system running V5R3 already at SP13587 for development of 8.10. We will be rolling this out to Production soon too. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm getting ready to perform a similar upgrade. I've searched the list for V5R3 issues and found many on client access. You might want to do the same. We're choosing to stay on the V5R2 clients for now.

We are currently using v5r3 and have been on it since it came out. We were lucky, or unlucky, to get one of the first 570 models, loaded with v5r3. Our rule of thumb is to stay one CUM level behind Peoplesoft. We follow the IBM/Peoplesoft APAR religiously, II13878. We stay one CUM level behind due to the fact that we once loaded the latest CUM, Hiper, DB ptfs the day they were released and we were bit hard. It took several days to get back up and running. Thankfully, we have two separate servers, development and production, and only development limped along. Now, we are very, very careful with PTFs and unless a product really needs it, or the APAR requires it, we don't load it. We are one client access fix pack behind, too. Currently, I am testing the June, 5th fix on my desktop.

I am about to load SI18651 on our CITRIX boxes. I have been testing on my PC and it seems to be doing fine. Of course, something could still come up that I did not expect.

We're running a new i5 550 with V5R3 and SP2 SI17742 since April without incidents.

Back