Client Access session timeout

skorek

Well Known Member
Hi guys

I have a problem with one PC (laptop) in my office.
The problem is that session is disconnected ealier than it should going by sysval QINACTITV (90 minutes). After 3 (maybe 5 minutes) session disconects (session is disconnected, not - logout). I'm mean screen looks normal, user can enter some command/option/manu etc on screen but after ENTER session will dissconnect.
What I found during "investigation":
1. It is happens ONLY in office - when user works phisically in LAN.
2. When user work from home by VPN - everything is OK (session respect QINACTIV sysval)
3. When user (who have this laptop) try to login on other PC - everything is correct also.
4. When other user try to loging on this laptop - problem occurs/remain.

Do you meet similar problem? teoretically it is cased by laptop ... so why in home it works? maybe windows LAN serwer .... so why other user in LAN works normally - with normal timeout. It looks that problem caused by PC and Winserwer together ...

Regards

Skorek

Check if the device is different when the user signs on from VPN vs. in office. In the controller description is another timeout value:
Device wait timer (DEVWAITTMR) - Help

Specifies the device wait timeout value. This is used to
limit the amount of time that a subsystem takes for the
work station input/output to complete. The timeout value
that is used for each device is obtained from the
controller that it is attached to at vary on time. A
change in this parameter value takes effect for attached
devices when they are next varied on.

HI,
I am not giving solution but asking for one. I am also trying to connect to AS/400 from home thru VPN. All works fine except the ENTER key. Its works as newline so i am not able to login. I connect to my office desktop and use Client access to connect. Same works fine if i login from office Desktop.

I think you are already using remote login can you tell me if it requires any specific setup for ETNER key transmission?.

Thanks,

Chan

[ QUOTE ]
Check if the device is different when the user signs on from VPN vs. in office. In the controller description is another timeout value:
Device wait timer (DEVWAITTMR) - Help

Specifies the device wait timeout value. This is used to
limit the amount of time that a subsystem takes for the
work station input/output to complete. The timeout value
that is used for each device is obtained from the
controller that it is attached to at vary on time. A
change in this parameter value takes effect for attached
devices when they are next varied on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back