View Only Active Items

szmyd

szmyd

Well Known Member
All

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this problem. It seems pretty basic, but I've searched around and can't seem to find a solution.

In the item search screen (P40ITM1), we would like for only the active items to be viewable, and thus hide all obsolete ones. Has anyone implemented this at their site?

We do not want to modify this application at all. Business unit security will not work either since this field is not present in the F4101. I believe in EnterpriseOne you can use row security to secure on any field value, but I can't seem to be able to replicate this in World.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Much thanks in advance.

One way for going around this problem could be adding ACT- or OBS- in the beginning of the Search Text field for every item.

It is really easy to do and your users can understand it really soon.

Pablo.

As a side note, I REALLY wish JDE would (or would have in the first place) made P41BDWRD (inventory item search rebuild) Dreamwriter-ized so that we could use Data Selection to drive what we want in the Item Search file (F00X41). I have similar issues and have actually had to mod the program in order to get what I want. Having Data Selection (on the Item Master) would solve my problem and yours.

The other idea of adding OBS (or something) at the beginning of the item description would at least eliminate the obsolete items in a simple search. If you are doing a Query Search, though, they would still come up but at least the description would tell the person they are obsolete.

Putting four characters at the begging of the item description and
Search text field is a bit over the top and inefficient especially if
you use "ACT-" for active as well as identifying obsolete items. If
this is your solution then a simple "X", for obsolete items only, would
suffice.

Regards,

Colin

Back