Printer Conversion String - EnterpriseOne 8.10 to Optio

cncdba

cncdba

Recently upgraded from Xe to 8.10. We print A/P checks from the submitted reports to Optio server virtual printer where Optio then does it's magic and physically sends the checks to the printer. All was well with Xe. With 8.10 the pdf print file is sent to the Optio virtual printer and immediately disappears. I suspect that the printer conversion string is different for 8.10. Any advice is appreciated.

Windows servers all around.

cncdba,

Have you tried to stop the Optio virtual printer queue to verify that the print job is getting to it? It could be a permissions issue on the printer queue. Also, what version of Optio are you running -- we had to upgrade to eComIntegrate 7.22 for Optio to work with E1 8.9.

Hello CNCDBA,

We had a similar problem when we upgraded to 8.10. Were any changes made to your Optio Server? Is it a new server? Our problem (which is identical to yours in terms of symptoms) was solved by installing the Unix print services on our optio server.

Hope this helps,
-Dave

We recently resolved our printing issue by changing the virtual printer in JDE from *JDE OPT to *JDE PDF -s POSTSCRIPT_PRINTER and making the Optio virtual printer the default printer in JDE for the user. This is unfortunate, in XE we were able to define the printer in the ubever allowing the user to have a standard printer as a default for reports.

Thanks to all who replied.
amcnelis1, I tried your suggestion and that fixed our problem...thanks for the advice. Not being satisfied, I spent a week on the phone with Oracle support getting them to admit there was a problem converting postcript to pcl and pcl to postscript. This would basically eliminate the need to make the Optio postcript the default. You may want to follow SAR 7643201. It is in programming as this is posted.

Back