How to update User Reference Field in F03B11?

Shrikanthn

Well Known Member
Hi All, I am trying to build an application that can read the existing invoices in F03B11 table and allow user to update the User Reserved Reference Field with some value. I have created a Headerless Detail form and am attempting to write some code to help me do the update for multiple invoices in the grid. No luck so far. Does anybody have any ideas? Truly appreciate your help....

Shrikanthn,

I've found that for any of the user-reserved fields (code, amount, date, reference...), you need to update these fields with a Table I/O operation. I've yet to see a business function that includes any user-reserved fields in its update capability; so you're left with manually doing Table I/O to save your user-reserved fields.

You mentioned that you want to update the F03B11 values for several records in your grid, so I'm assuming that you're executing code for each row. If you process after the OK button, you'll need to cycle through all the grid rows. If you use a row exit of some sort, you'll need to check the ER option to Repeat For Each Grid Row. Either way (or there are others, too), you should easily be able to update the user-reserved fields.

Back