Xe - 8.10 Upgrade - Copy Xe to a Different Enterprise Server

MPDev

MPDev

Hello list,

We are starting the Upgrade process from Xe to 8.10, trying to the following approach:
Copy the current Xe to a new set of servers and then do the Upgrade on the new servers (Windows Servers).

The problem of course: Server names are different.
We finished copying, checked datasources, updtated paths and
machine names on all tables (hopefully).
Checked user security and access.
We believe the issue is the Enterprise Server.

When OW starts we get the following error on jde.log:

jdb_ctl.c2764
Starting OneWorld
jdeksec.c3175
KNT0000305 - JDENET Error = eConnectionFailed
jdeksec.c3175
jdeksec.c812
SEC0000002 - Unable to connect to security server TESTSERVER-P
Running OneWorld with user's signon and password
This may or may not work depending on the databases' security.

jdb_ctl.c3266
JDB1100018 - Failed to get past Security check
msc_signon.cpp199
Environment load failed from SignOn
jdb_ctl.c2884
JDB1100012 - Failed to validate Sign on
newmda.cpp1961
JDB_InitEnv API failed.

Any thoughts are welcome, we're looking onto it, but we would apreciate your ideas on the subject. :)

Thanx in advance

What you are trying to do is an upgrade method called "cloning" whereby one makes a copy or clone of their E1 system and runs the upgrade there, safely isolating the production system from any ill effects associated with the upgrade. I would place these servers on their own lan/vlan and domain and name them the exact same as the servers from which they are cloned. That way you don't have the problems that you are facing.

Just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello list,

We are starting the Upgrade process from Xe to 8.10, trying to the following approach:
Copy the current Xe to a new set of servers and then do the Upgrade on the new servers (Windows Servers).

The problem of course: Server names are different.
We finished copying, checked datasources, updtated paths and
machine names on all tables (hopefully).
Checked user security and access.
We believe the issue is the Enterprise Server.

When OW starts we get the following error on jde.log:

jdb_ctl.c2764
Starting OneWorld
jdeksec.c3175
jdeksec.c3175
jdeksec.c812
SEC0000002 - Unable to connect to security server TESTSERVER-P
Running OneWorld with user's signon and password
This may or may not work depending on the databases' security.

jdb_ctl.c3266
JDB1100018 - Failed to get past Security check
msc_signon.cpp199
Environment load failed from SignOn
jdb_ctl.c2884
JDB1100012 - Failed to validate Sign on
newmda.cpp1961
JDB_InitEnv API failed.

Any thoughts are welcome, we're looking onto it, but we would apreciate your ideas on the subject. :)

Thanx in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello,

I see a problem with your server name. Its more than 10 character long. and this might be creating an issue. DO you have a server with 10 name.

Jaise

I used a cloned set of servers as well for both regular CNC stuff (Service packs..) and upgrades.

If your feeling very clever you can put your cloned servers on a 192.168.1.X network, put a terminal server with two nics on both 192.168.1.X and your production network, and use hosts files to have the terminal server only reference 192.168.1.X for your logic, database and web servers.

This lets you have access to your cloned network from anywhere including dialing into your production network. Handy for upgrades.

Regards..

Yes, that would be the best way, but they insisted in trying this way before going to the trouble. If we can't do it by the middle of this week, then we'll have our separate lan. Either way, we can use the experience. :)

Thank you, brother_of_karamazov

Thanx morglum666,

I'll run this trough our CNC and and hope she feels clever enough. :)

I appreciate you`re taking the time to answer, guys. Thanx.

couple of questions for you: Are you able to get a successful porttest with the security server turned off? Can you start services without security server enabled? Do you have the two installs set to use different ports?

Marcelo

It would be helpful if you told us what version of XE/update level/service pack/platform/database etc you are using. Most jdelisters put this information in there signature line.

Patty

You can change your server name and you need to change data source names as well. After you cloning you should be able change the names in JDE.INIs, and System,Server Map and Object librian tables•
Here are the tables that contains server map and data sources..etc.

* F986110, JCEXEHOST
• F00053, hmmkey, hmdatp, hmdl01
• F000531, hdmkey
• F000532, hcmkey
• F98611, F986101
• F986110, JCEXEHOST
• F000531, hdmkey
• F000532, hcmkey
• F98611, F986101
• F986110, JCEXEHOST
• F000531, hdmkey
• F000532, hcmkey
• F98611, F986101
• update sys7333.f98611 set omsrvr = ‘newname’ where omsrvr = ‘oldname’;
• update sys7333.f98611 set omdatp = ‘newname’ where omdatp = ‘oldname’;
• update sys7333.f98611 set omdatp = ‘newname – Server Map’ where omdatp = ‘oldname – Server Map’;
• update sys7333.f986101 set omdatp = ‘newname’ where omdatp = ‘oldname’;
• update sys7333.f986101 set omdatp = ‘newname – Server Map’ where omdatp = ‘oldname – Server Map’;
• update svm7333.f98611 set omsrvr = ‘newname’ where omsrvr = ‘oldname’;
• update svm7333f98611 set omdatp = ‘newname’ where omdatp = ‘oldname’;
• update svm333.f986101 set omdatp = ‘newname’ where omdatp = ‘oldname’
I may be missing som e other tables but above table should be enough. I had done couple times and unfortuntly, I do not have docs with me. however, There is a doc in KG for how to change Enterprise server name.

Good tip, Patty, sometimes it makes all the difference. Thx.

In this client we have: XE/SP.21/ Windows 2003 , Oracle 9, Migrating to: E810/ same configuration

===========

[ QUOTE ]
Marcelo

It would be helpful if you told us what version of XE/update level/service pack/platform/database etc you are using. Most jdelisters put this information in there signature line.

Patty

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Here are the tables that contains server map and data sources..etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, aytek

According to our CNC, all those tables and paths were checked and updated.
About the documentations, she told me that Peoplesoft has the paper on Deployment Server change and it works fine, but they acknowledged that the Enterprise Server paper is incomplete, so we might run into some trouble... as we did. :)
If she finds any other paper on the subject, I'll post it.

Thx again

Back