JAS JDBSignOn Fail

samuel

samuel

I'm at my wits end.... I have a JAS Server which is running JPY810 on Websphere 4. As we are going live, I installed JPD810 on the Web Server and tried running it on the same instance(Port 81). Failing on a JDBSignOn Fail error, I installed it on a different instance(Port 82) and still with the same error while JPY810 runs fine.

What could be the problem here? We are on E8.93.N1 Tool Release. I'm attaching the logs and the INI files. Anybody have a similar issue...?

E810 8.93N1 AS/400 DB2 Websphere 4.0.7

Attachments

• 88442-logs.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 77
Hello,

I found a few things I think should be changed. Please make backups of your files first. Thanks!

Change the following setting in your jdbj.ini:

OLD
[JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE]
database=System - 810

NEW
[JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE]
database=SY810

Also, it looks like the files attached are from your eGen machine. Is this true? If not, what platform are you running JAS on? If this is true, you may want to port the files that are actually on your JAS machine.

Other items of interest: If this instance is for JPY810, you will need to change the following section in your jas.ini:

--------------------
OLD
[OWWEB]
PathCodes=('PD810')

NEW
[OWWEB]
PathCodes=('PD810','PY810')

--------------------

Change this as well:

OLD
[JDENET]
# Enterprise Server JDENET port
serviceNameConnect=6012

# JAS Server JDENET Listening port
serviceNameListen=6013

NEW
[JDENET]
# Enterprise Server JDENET port
serviceNameConnect=6012

# JAS Server JDENET Listening port
serviceNameListen=6012

This is a good start. Give these things a try and let us know.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I tried your recommendation but it didn't work as well. The reason why I set JAS Server JDENET Listening port
serviceNameListen=6013 is because I tried installing JPD810 as a different instance after facing the JAS JDBSignOn error. However, it didn't help.

Yes, the Gen machine is located on the same machine as the JAS Server. I tried generating from another machine, still with the same error.

It seems to be a JAS error as JPD810 can be accessed from the client. It just cannot get through the JAS. However, the most funny thing is JPY810 can be accessible. And all the settings are the same!

Ok...number 1, if you want to run another environment on JAS, and it's not using the same path code as another environment with an instance, you ALWAYS want to set it up as another instance. Secondly, you don't want to change the listening port for a separate instance, so you need to change the listening ports to whatever the iSeries is set to, I'll assume 6012.

If you are getting a login screen for the JPD instance, then HTML is probably OK, so I'd compare your JAS and JDBJ files line for line between the two instances...except for HTML ports (81 vs. 82), path code names, and environment names, everything should match.

Regards,

You mentioned JPY810, E8.93.N1. Are you 8.9 or 8.10? Either versions, it comes with a Websphere 5. Websphere 5 is the minimum for 8.9 and above, not Websphere 4.

Back