Test of SP22 for Xe and multiple foundations

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi list,
We are currently in Xe update 6 SP20 for all our environments.
I'd like to test SP22 in a new environment.

My problems are :
- I don't succeed in finding the Multiple foundations guide for Xe (i've got one for ERP 8 but not sure it's the same). Can anyone help me to find it (url or send the file if you have it) ?
- I don't find the SP22 on PeopleSoft website. Can anyone help me to find where to download it ?
- Are there any particular things to install prior to SP22 (ESU, ...) ?

Thanks for your help in that matter.

The guide you have should be okay. I had no problem finding SP22. In the update center choose tools release for type, client or whatever platform, and search for SP22*.
Hope this helps.

Patty

Sully,

Ok i'm gonna read the guide for Release ERP 8.
And you were right, it was easy to fin SP22. i just didn't know i need to put 'SP22*' just like in a QBE ! I had tried 'SP22' and that's why i had no results ... I should have guess :)

Thanks for your help.

Hi Sully,

Have you migrated to : E810/8.93.P1/HPUX11i, Oracle 9.2.0.5/DS=2003 yet?

I'm planning to migrate to Oracle RDBMS 9.0.2.4 from Oracle8i Release 8.1.7.4.0. I'm on SP19_H1 and update 6.
Oracle is telling me that we need to go to SP22.

Have you had any problems with your migrations?

thanks,

When you are setting up Multiple foundation for SP22 be sure to take care of the special instructions for the new database encryption algorithim. Else it can mess up your F98OWSEC records...

You asked "Have you migrated to : E810/8.93.P1/HPUX11i, Oracle 9.2.0.5/DS=2003 yet?"

Yes, except I had to downgrade to SP_E1 due to problem with the media objects conversion. We created a separate XE environment on a new deployment server and yes I had to upgrade the Service pack to SP22_W1 for two reasons. One was for Oracle and the other was because of Windows 2003 server OS. I'm currently working on retrofits.

Patty

Back